These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Philippine Pen Spinning Community. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
Remember the human. When you communicate online, all you see is a computer screen. When talking to someone you might want to ask yourself "Would I say it to the person's face?" or "Would I get jumped if I said this to a buddy?"
Please don't be (intentionally) rude at all. By choosing not to be rude, you increase the overall civility of the community and make it better for all of us. #
- Look for the original source of content, and submit that. Often, a blog will reference another blog, which references another, and so on with everyone displaying ads along the way. Dig through those references and submit a link to the creator, who actually deserves the traffic. #
- Post to the most appropriate forum possible. Do not post selling on a buying thread, and a buying thread on a selling one, vice-versa. This rule is pretty self-explanatory. #
- Search for duplicates before posting. Redundant posts add nothing new to previous conversations. That said, sometimes bad timing, a bad title, or just plain bad luck can cause an interesting story to fail to get noticed. Feel free to post something again if you feel that the earlier posting didn't get the attention it deserved and you think you can do better. #
- Report any spam you find. #
- Please don't create posts containing explicit material such as nudity, horrible injury etc. #
- Please don't start a flame war. Just report and "walk away". If you really feel you have to confront them, leave a polite message with a quote or link to the rules, and no more. #
- Please don't insult others. Insults do not contribute to a rational discussion. Constructive Criticism, however, is appropriate and encouraged. #
- Please don't make comments that lack content. Phrases such as "this", "lol", and "I came here to say this" are not witty, original, or funny, and do not add anything to the discussion. #
- Remember the human. When you communicate online, all you see is a computer screen. When talking to someone you might want to ask yourself "Would I say it to the person's face?" or "Would I get jumped if I said this to a buddy?"
- Please don't recreate topics. Topic recreation may result to a warning and later become a major offense. #
- Please don't impersonate other members. This is disrespectful to that particular person if you do so even if you mean to fool the members. There will be strict penalties if broken. #
Please don't create multiple accounts for mischief. If multiple accounts are detected, admins can easily find out who you are.
All accounts will be checked by the appointed staff for deciding the outcome of the accounts, with possible deletion. To change your name just ask the admins or post to the name change request thread. #
- Please don't link to inappropriate websites. You are allowed to post links in your profile or your signature, or if it's really needed to explain something you've posted. Don't link to dangerous sites. Also, do not advertise. #
- Please don't disrupt the community in any way. The sort of penalty here may result in a lifetime ban depending on your actions. #
- The General Conduct rules are inspired by the Rediquette #